Path Counsel was founded by Stephen E. Godfrey, M.D., a board certified pathologist, to provide sound scientific and analytical data about a person’s death in a compassionate and discreet manner.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
UNDERGRADUATE PREMEDICAL STUDIES
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
DOCTOR OF MEDICINE DEGREE
Mercy Medical Center, Denver, CO
INTERNSHIP AND RESIDENCY IN PATHOLOGY
Mercy Hospital, San Diego, CA
RESIDENCY IN PATHOLOGY AND ELECTRON MICROSCOPY FELLOWSHIP
Webster University, St. Louis, MO
MASTER’S DEGREE IN HEALTH SERVICES MANAGEMENT BOARD CERTIFICATION
American Board of Pathology
DIPLOMATE, ANATOMIC AND CLINICAL PATHOLOGY
American Board of Pathology
RECERTIFIED DIPLOMATE, ANATOMIC AND CLINICAL PATHOLOGY LEADERSHIP
Secretary – Treasurer, Wagih Bari Society of St. Louis Pathologists
House of Delegates, College of American Pathologists
Councilor, St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society
Board of Governors, University of Missouri Medical Alumni Association
Pathology Representative, Missouri State Medical Association Commission on Interspeciality Medicine
|Fellow||College of American Pathologists|
|Fellow||American Society of Clinical Pathologists|
|Member||St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society|
|Member||Missouri State Medical Association|
|Member||Missouri Society of Pathologists|
Faculty Pathologist (current)
St. Louis University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
Staff Pathologist (current)
St. John’s Medical Center, Jackson, WY
St. Francis Medical Center, Cape Girardeau, MO
Des Peres Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Red Bud Hospital, Red Bud, IL
Medical Director (current)
Peace of Mind Private Autopsy Services, St. Louis, MO
Path Counsel Pathology Consultations, St. Louis, MO
Pathologist and Laboratory Medical Director (previous)
Barnes St. Peters Hospital, St. Peters, MO
Pathology Associates, PC (previous)
St. Anthony’s Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
Chief Medical Officer (previous)
Unity Labs, LLC St. Louis, MO
PUBLICATIONS AND LETTERS
- Is ‘Fibrocystic Disease of the Breast’ Precancerous? Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 1986. Volume 110, page 991.
- The Labeling of Specimens as Infectious. The Journal of the American Medical Association, 1988, Volume 28, page 1807.
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome and the Clinical Laboratory Worker. Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 1988, Volume 112, page 482.
- Estrogen Receptors. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 1989, Volume 91, page 629.
- Heterosexual Aids: Myth or Epidemic? The Journal of the American Medical Association, 1990, Volume 264, page 1807.
- Heterosexual Transmission of HIV. The Journal of the American Medical Association, 1992, Volume 267, page 1917.
- The Pap Smear, Automated Rescreening, and Negligent Nondisclosure. The American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 1999, Volume 111, pages 14 to 17.
- The Standard of Care in Cytopathology. The American Journal of Clinical Pathology, 1999, Volume 112, pages 279-280.